First Baptist Church of Ahoskie is seeking a part-time Minister with Youth who will be responsible for ministry with youth (Grades 7-12) and their families. This includes encouraging them in their spiritual growth and Christlikeness and modeling a lifestyle of serving God by serving others.
Approximately 15 hours a week, varied schedule
Competitive; commensurate with experience
- Coordination of Sunday night discipleship including
- Youth discussion
- Possible youth music option
- Occasional (monthly, quarterly) newsletter article on what’s happening in Youth Ministries
- Regular meetings with Youth Ministry Council for support, advice, and assistance
- Be present for opening activities of Youth Sunday School and support lay leadership.
- Planning occasional (monthly, quarterly) social outings
- Bowling, movies, pool party, camping, lock-in, etc.
- Planning regular social outreach events
- Rake-N-Run, Christmas mission project, etc.
- Planning for summer camp/missions experience
- Passport, retreat, or other
- Worship leadership (as available and as needed)
- Occasional (as needed) reporting to the deacons on status of ministry
- Assist Pastor and Associate with planning of Baccalaureate, Youth Sunday, or other youth-oriented worship services
- Provide an example to our young people of a mature, Christian faith and lifestyle.
The Church will be responsible for:
- Prayer Support
- Material Support (youth budget, funds for resources, cell phone subsidy, supplies, etc.
- Personnel support:
- Other ministers
- Pastor and Associate will provide support, encouragement, advice, counsel
- Teachers, Youth Ministry Council, etc.
High School diploma required, Bachelor’s / Master’s degree a plus. Previous church experience a must. The ideal candidate will be have solid relational skills and experienced in relating to teenagers and their families. As we are a faith community, the Minister with Youth must be willing to maintain confidentiality in terms of prayer concerns, family situations, and the like.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume including references (.doc, .docx, or .pdf format) to Dr. Daniel Glaze at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is June 1, 2015.